So once again it had been a while since I’d posted but in these past 6 months there’d been so much going on it was hard to keep up with life, much less blogging about it.
- Turned 31 and karaoke’d Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl” so hard that the song should be retired from all future karaoke events.
- I was a first-time bridesmaid at my friend Rachel’s wedding.
- We partied in Vegas 2 nights before the wedding for a whirlwind bachelorette party that ended up with us almost clutching our nonexistent pearls when during our 20-minute heart-to-heart conversation with the room service delivery guy, he said the word “pussy” to us.
- Decided that in my heart I have quit my job even though I’ll stay around for the rest of the year. They no longer get to crush my soul because I am leaving my soul at home from now on.
- I came to the realization that I’m still upset Melrose Place 2.0 only lasted one season.
- My mom died.
- I took a bartending course and signed up for more.
- I started walking/hiking on the weekends and joined a boot camp that I will be attending 3x a week.
- I became a blonde.
Yeah, #6 up on that list was the biggie but 2 months later I’m feeling back to my normal self and this Stella’s ready to get her groove on with a fierce mane of platinum blonde hair.
With that in mind, my BFF/wife by gay marriage Patrice and I have decided to call this summer The Summer of More Bleach Than Sense. I will now spend the summer doing the damn thing and doing just enough work to keep my job long enough to finance my summer trips.
In 3 weeks I will be going to Chicago for the sole reason that I’ve never been there. I will be meeting a friend, getting drunk and watching Magic Mike on the biggest screen I can find. I plan on getting so drunk that throwing dollar bills at the screen won’t be out of the question. I only wish this movie was in 3D.
In August I plan on heading down to LA for a live taping of a Keith and The Girl event. Jet-setting off to NYC for the Afro Punk Music Fest and further shenanigating with my NYC loves: the wife, the hermana and the boo. And if any hurricanes or other events of nature try and fuck up my plans like Hurricunt Irene did last year, please be aware that I will fight you. Yes, I will physically fight a hurricane or other natural disaster. This is MY summer, not yours. Basically I plan on spending my summer doing this -
If anyone has other ideas or would like to join in on the Summer of More Bleach Than Sense please let me know. Leave a comment, send an email, smoke signal, raven, or whatever. The only requirement is that you pretty much act like this -
Sense is for other people. Let’s get this summer started, putas.